Garden Organic, the UK’s leading organic growing charity, is dedicated to researching and promoting organic growing and food. Garden Organic’s purpose is to get as many people growing organically as possible. Our work is financed by our 20,000 members and numerous other funders and donors.
Our headquarters is at Ryton Organic Gardens, 5 miles southeast of Coventry, although we support programmes all over the UK and overseas.
As part of the Membership team, your role is essential to the ongoing development of a loyal membership base in line with the charity’s growth plans. You will be supported through training and ongoing career development opportunities.
The overall purpose of the role
We’re looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic membership or customer service professional to join our Membership Team. As part of the Membership team, your role is essential to the ongoing development of a loyal membership base in line with the charity’s growth plans. You will be supported through training and ongoing career development opportunities.
Responsibilities & Main Duties
- To nurture and build relationships with existing members by providing an exceptional standard of customer care to improve member loyalty and engagement;
- To raise overall member contribution levels through Gift Aid and donations;
- To contribute towards raising the profile of the charity and the benefits, products and services provided to members.
- To proactively recruit new members through a variety of sales and marketing activities including events.
- To be the first point of contact for all member and prospective member enquiries;
- To efficiently complete all administrative activities relating to membership, including processing new memberships, renewals and donations, and generating the relevant paperwork;
- To attend regular public events across the country, including weekends and overnight stays, to promote the work of the charity and recruit new members;
- To increase membership contributions by face to face and telephone marketing to both members and non-members in order to sell/up-sell/cross-sell memberships, donations and gift aid;
- To contact lapsed members or members whose membership is due to expire within a designated period in order to secure their continued support through phone contact, letters, social media, emails and/or text messaging;
- To update the records on the Charity’s CRM ThankQ System and ensure there are accurate records, including importing website memberships and payments.
- To support the organisation of Garden Organic activities and events at Ryton and venues across the UK where needed to promote membership recruitment;
- To monitor the key performance indicators in terms of membership recruitment and retention and to prepare reports for the senior management team;
- To support the Head of Membership and Marketing Manager in securing reciprocal membership arrangements with partners for promoting membership;
- To provide occasional cover for the reception as and when required.
- To follow good data protection practices at all times, maintaining confidential data sensitively and adhering to departmental and organisational GDPR guidelines.
It is the nature of the work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All employees are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken. Occasional evening, weekend and bank holiday working will be required.
- For the full job description and person, specification download the below or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit your application via CV and supporting statement detailing how your skills and experience meet the person specification to email@example.com.
- We welcome informal discussions about the role by calling our head office or sending an email.
As part of our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, all applications will be anonymised before being submitted to the recruitment panel. You are welcome to submit an anonymised CV in application for the role however please ensure you provide a contact telephone number or e-mail address.
Application deadline 16/05/2022. Garden Organic reserve the right to close the advert early depending on response levels.