Corporate Fundraising Manager
Garden Organic is the UK’s leading organic growing charity. For over 60 years we’ve been researching and promoting organic growing to get as many people as possible to grow the organic way.
Organic Enterprises Limited is the commercial trading arm of Garden Organic, generating income to support the work of the charity. It manages various commercial partners of which the largest is a contract with Suttons Consumer Products to produce the Organic Gardening Catalogue.
We are looking for an exceptional self-motivated relationship manager who has experience of working with high value commercial or corporate fundraising partners. You will enhance the delivery of existing relationships and lead on the development of new relationships for the charity at an exciting time of growth.
In addition, you will oversee the commercial relationship between Garden Organic and the Organic Gardening Catalogue and be responsible for the stewardship of any new corporate or commercial partners
With the support of the Head of Fundraising, you will influence and deliver corporate fundraising as part of the fundraising strategy and grow the charity’s unrestricted income.
The overall purpose of the role
- To manage and nurture corporate and commercial relationships, providing an exceptional standard of stewardship and delivery.
- To negotiate and deliver partnership agreements ensuring a good return on investment for the charity.
- To seek out and develop new partnerships opportunities and relationships, researching, attending meetings and influencing.
- To manage the day to day relationship with the Organic Gardening catalogue to ensure the values of the charity are maintained and the income targets are attained.
- To oversee the content of the Organic Gardening Catalogue on behalf of the charity. Working with internal partners to ensure tasks are carried out and deadlines are met.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising to develop and implement the fundraising strategy and follow up opportunities to generate funds as part of the charity’s business plan.
Responsibilities & Main Duties
- Manage new and existing corporate fundraising relationships, maintaining a high quality of tailored stewardship. Ensure delivery against agreed targets and ensure a good return on investment for the charity.
- Manage the relationships and delivery of the Organic Gardening Catalogue, our key partner.
- Work with internal colleagues to schedule in delivery of corporate benefits and ensure tight deadlines are met.
- Write and update contracts in agreement with senior management for new and renewed sponsorship and partnerships.
- Develop and manage commercial projects that generate income as agreed with the Head of Fundraising.
Generate New Business
- Cultivate new partnerships through research, building relationships, pitching, negotiation and application process to grow income.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising on corporate and commercial opportunities in line with the development of the new corporate framework which fits into the fundraising strategy.
- Support new commercial fundraising opportunities, write project plans and draft budgets before the agreement with the senior management team.
- Develop and seek out new affinity partnerships to grow income, working with internal colleagues to promote more widely.
- Create compelling cases for support and successfully pitch, present, and tell a story.
- Monitor the key performance indicators and prepare reports for the Finance Director, Executive team and Board.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholder colleagues.
- Report and record progress and income on the fundraising database.
- Attend external meetings and events.
It is the nature of the work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All employees are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken. Occasional evening, weekend and bank holiday working will be required.
- For the full job description and person specification download below or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit your application via CV and supporting statement detailing how your skills and experience meet the person specification to email@example.com.
- We welcome informal discussions about the role by calling our head office or sending an email.
As part of our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, all applications will be anonymised before being submitted to the recruitment panel. You are welcome to submit an anonymised CV in application for the role however please ensure you provide a contact telephone number or e-mail address.
Application deadline 19/01/2022. Garden Organic reserve the right to close the advert early depending on response levels.