Fusarium patch on lawns
Could you please tell me how to treat Fusarium patch organically? My lawn has been badly affected.
Fusarium patch or snow mould, appears between September and May in wet conditions, often following a cover of snow. The spores are spread by wind.
Prevention and control are quite simple:
- Never apply a high nitrogen fertiliser in the autumn
- Aerate and scarify the lawn annually
- Do not walk on lawn when covered with snow
- In the spring, rake away dead turf
- Re-seed if a large patch has been infected
If you would like further advice on your organic growing, why not become a member of Garden Organic? It costs as little as £2.75 a month, and not only gives you full access to our advisory service, but also free or discounted entrance to many gardens across the UK. Call 02476 308210 or email email@example.com