Encouraging wildlife - online webinar
Ever wondered what wildlife you have living in your garden? This online webinar will give you a fantastic insight into what may visit or live near your growing patch.
We’ll look at the specific creatures, what they’re doing there, why they might want to come to your garden rather than next door (especially if you're an organic gardener!) and what you can do to encourage them further - or discourage the ones you don’t want.
Learn more about attracting beneficial wildlife and what you can do to make your garden or growing space as wildlife-friendly as possible.
- How to identify the creatures in your green space
- How to make your garden more wildlife-friendly
- Choosing plants and growing methods to help different garden creatures
- Realise that there will always be low levels of pests
- Recognise and accept that sometimes things won’t work
Skill level: Beginners
Course leader: Sally Cunningham
Sally has worked with Garden Organic for over 20 years and has always had an interest in all sorts of creatures (with a particular passion for invertebrates) for as long as she can remember. A keen wildlife recorder, Sally has also assisted with surveys and courses with several Wildlife Trusts.
Our webinar will have an informal, relaxed learning environment with plenty of opportunity for interaction. We will also provide a full set of notes and handouts.